MITIGATION SPECIALIST/SALES ASSOCIATE OPPORTUNITY
Wildlands, a national leader in providing mitigation solutions for over 25 years, is seeking a mitigation specialist /sales associate for our Portland office.
- Must have experience with federal and state (Washington and Oregon) environmental regulations regarding mitigation and conservation of natural resources, including wetlands, waters of the United States, and endangered species;
- Must have experience with environmental regulations, including but not limited to Section 404 of the Clean Water Act, Section 7 and 10 of the Endangered Species Act, and other state and local laws regulating impacts to wetlands, waters, wildlife, and plants;
- The candidate should also be familiar with the restoration and mitigation requirements of CERCLA/Superfund and Natural Resource Damages Assessments (NRDA);
- Must be able to develop relationships with new clients through field and telephone prospecting (e.g., private developers, municipalities, government agencies);
- Willing to be based in the Portland office and frequently travel throughout Oregon and Washington;
- A minimum of 5 years of post-college experience in the environmental field (e.g., regulatory permitting, wetlands, endangered species, mitigation, restoration, Superfund, NRDA); and,
- Bachelor degree in Environmental Studies, Environmental Policy, Environmental Planning, Environmental Science, Natural Resources, Biology, or equivalent.
- Must have attention to detail
- Possess professionalism
- Must have a sales oriented personality
- Excellent communications skills
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Excellent writing, internet research, and organizational skills
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Salary, commensurate with experience, plus commission.