The proposed Honker Bay Conservation Bank is located on approximately 112.34 acres along the southern edge of Suisun Marsh in Solano County. The Bank is located along the northern part of Honker Bay, east of Roaring River and south of Champion Slough on Wheeler Island.
Wildlands will restore, enhance, and permanently protect the conservation values of the site, providing compensatory mitigation that may be required by federal, state, and local agencies to offset effects of development activities on tidal marsh and aquatic habitat that supports state- and federally listed fish. The Bank is currently under review by the Conservation Bank Review Team (CBRT) consisting of the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS), and California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW).
The Bank offers an excellent opportunity to preserve and restore marsh habitat and will benefit the species which have special protection status under the federal Endangered Species Act (ESA) and/or California Endangered Species Act (CESA) including those listed below.
- Green Sturgeon, Southern Distinct Population Segment (DPS) (Acipenser medirostris) – federally threatened
- Steelhead, Central Valley DPS (Oncorhynchus mykiss) – federally threatened
- Steelhead, Central California Coast DPS – federally threatened
- Chinook Salmon, Sacramento River Spring-run (O. tshawytscha) – federally and state threatened
- Chinook Salmon, Sacramento River Winter-run (O. tshawytscha) – federally and state endangered
- Delta Smelt (Hypomesus transpacificus) – federally threatened and state endangered
- Longfin Smelt (Spirinchus thaleichthys) – state threatened
Location: Solano County, California
- Delta Smelt
- Longfin Smelt
- Green Sturgeon
- IN ENTITLEMENT, CALL FOR AVAILABILITY -
- The proposed Delta Smelt, Chinook Salmon, Central Valley Steelhead, and Green Sturgeon service area includes the boundaries of the legal Delta and the Suisun Marsh.
- The proposed Central California Coast Steelhead service area includes the boundaries of the Suisun Marsh, San Pablo Bay, and the northern half of San Francisco Bay.
- The proposed Longfin Smelt service area includes the boundaries of the legal Delta, the Suisun Marsh, San Pablo Bay, and the San Francisco Bay.
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
- California Department of Fish & Wildlife
- National Marine Fisheries Service
For additional information on the Honker Bay Conservation Bank, please contact Julie Maddox at (916) 435-3555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.