Field Steward, Rocklin CA
Are you a military veteran who likes working outside? Wildlands’ Veteran Hiring Program has an immediate opening for a Field Steward-1. Successful candidate will perform maintenance and management activities on diverse habitat types in California, Washington and Oregon. We train and promote from within and are looking for individuals who have a willingness to learn, lead, and grow with a dynamic company on the forefront of its industry. Benefits include: Steady work, diverse workforce, paid vacation, healthcare, dental, vision and 401K.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Build plant and animal habitats under the supervision of biologists
• Install wire fence systems including post driving, wire hanging/clipping and gate mounting
• Perform project maintenance tasks such as mowing, spraying and general site clean up
• Create fire breaks and perform fuels reduction using approved methods
• Prepare materials and equipment for mobilization
• Conduct repairs and preventive maintenance on tools and equipment
• High School Diploma or GED
• Familiar with basic hand and power tools
• Must be able to work in a team setting
• Willing to listen, work hard and accept constructive criticism
• Valid driver’s license with clean DMV record
• Commercial driver’s license a plus
• Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
• Capable of traversing various types of terrain for extended periods
• Required travel 15 -20 weeks per year
If this position is right for you, please submit resume and copy of DD Form 214 to Ray Zucker at: email@example.com
Desert Biologist, Rocklin CA
We have an immediate opening for a full-time, experienced wildlife biologist with Desert Tortoise/ Mohave Ground Squirrel experience. We are seeking an extremely independent, self-motivated worker to manage/monitor approximately 25,000-acres of preserved desert tortoise and Mohave ground squirrel habitat throughout the Mojave and Colorado deserts. Responsibilities include annual monitoring, desert tortoise reconnaissance surveys, Mohave ground squirrel camera trapping, habitat assessments, non-native vegetation management, removing trash/debris, and fencing/signage repair. The position requires the ability to identify desert fauna, delineate State waters, and distinguish between numerous species of native and non-native vegetation. One to two weeks of travel per month may be required in certain months to maintain other preserved areas, as needed.
· Experience with desert tortoise surveys and techniques.
· General knowledge of desert flora and fauna.
· Ability and willingness to spend the majority of time working outdoors in extremely hot environmental conditions.
· Physically able to walk in excess of 20 miles/day.
· One to two weeks of travel per month may be required.
· Basic computer skills.
· Ability to write technical documents.
· At least 18 years old with a valid California driver’s license and a clean and insurable DMV record.
· Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Wildlife, Biology, or related fields.
· Agricultural or similar background.
· Current California pesticide applicators license.
· Experience in the operation of 4wd vehicles, trailers, and ATVs.
· Located in West Mojave Desert.
· Basic mechanical skills.
· Experience with Mohave ground squirrel camera trapping.
· Experience with western burrowing owl surveys.
· Experience with flat-tailed horned lizards.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Biologist/Habitat Steward, Portland OR
Wildlands is seeking a Biologist/Habitat Steward interested in working in the habitat restoration and mitigation banking fields. This individual will be based in Portland, Oregon with main duty station being the natural area on Sauvie Island (approximately 9 miles north of downtown Portland). Responsibilities include conducting biological monitoring, managing non-native vegetation, establishment of native vegetation, technical writing, and assisting Conversation Planners with regulatory duties.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Environmental Science, Agricultural or a related field.
• General knowledge of Pacific Northwest flora and fauna.
• Experience with technical writing.
• Basic mechanical skills.
• Physically able to walk in excess of 10 miles/day
• At least 18 years old with a valid Oregon driver’s license and a clean and insurable DMV record.
• Previous experience in habitat restoration, agricultural, or a related field.
• Current Oregon or Washington pesticide applicators license.
• Experience in the operation and maintenance of equipment such as 4wd vehicles, trailers, ATVs, power tools, small tractors, and construction equipment
Submit resume, a cover letter describing your experience and qualifications, and a list of three professional references with contact information to Julie Mentzer at: email@example.com.
Assistant Conservation Planner, Rocklin CA
Wildlands is seeking an Assistant Conservation Planner interested in all aspects of mitigation bank entitlement and habitat conservation in our Rocklin, CA office. For over 25 years, Wildlands has been the recognized leader in Wetland and Conservation Banking, Project-Specific Mitigation Solutions, and Habitat Lands Stewardship with a diverse team of experts committed to developing first-class projects for our clients and the natural resource agencies.
Duties are interdisciplinary in nature and include the following:
• assist with agency submittals including bank enabling instruments and regulatory permits
• prepare transmittals and other electronic or hard copy correspondence
• coordinate scheduling
• assist in preparation of technical reports
• assist development and populate project tracking sheets
• prepare meeting notes and assist with follow-up
• develop word templates for various submittals
• organize electronic files
• prepare power point presentations
• attend meetings in both office and field settings
Learn more about us today at WildlandsInc.com and apply for the Assistant Conservation Planner position at http://bit.ly/AssistantPlanner
Please contact Mahala Guggino at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Application Link: http://bit.ly/AssistantPlanner
Licensed Well Driller/Operator, Rocklin CA
Wildlands is looking to expand into well drilling operations with the addition of a licensed C-57 well driller. Candidates must possess:
• Domestic and agricultural well drilling experience
• Rotary and cable rig drilling experience
• Ability to work in a team setting
• Aptitude to manage day-to-day operations of new well drilling division
• Capacity to train and mentor apprentice drillers
• Ability to travel throughout Northern California
• A clean DMV record and ability to obtain CDL w/in 90-days employment
Benefits include steady work, a diverse workforce, paid vacation, healthcare, dental, vision and 401K. Starting salary to commensurate with experience. If interested in growing with a dynamic company on the forefront of its industry, please contact Ray Zucker at 916-625-3838 or email: email@example.com.