Field Steward, Rocklin CA
Are you a military veteran who likes working outside? Wildlands’ Veteran Hiring Program has an immediate opening for a Field Steward-1. Successful candidate will perform maintenance and management activities on diverse habitat types in California, Washington and Oregon. We train and promote from within and are looking for individuals who have a willingness to learn, lead, and grow with a dynamic company on the forefront of its industry. Benefits include: Steady work, diverse workforce, paid vacation, healthcare, dental, vision and 401K.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Build plant and animal habitats under the supervision of biologists
• Install wire fence systems including post driving, wire hanging/clipping and gate mounting
• Perform project maintenance tasks such as mowing, spraying and general site clean up
• Create fire breaks and perform fuels reduction using approved methods
• Prepare materials and equipment for mobilization
• Conduct repairs and preventive maintenance on tools and equipment
• High School Diploma or GED
• Familiar with basic hand and power tools
• Must be able to work in a team setting
• Willing to listen, work hard and accept constructive criticism
• Valid driver’s license with clean DMV record
• Commercial driver’s license a plus
• Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
• Capable of traversing various types of terrain for extended periods
• Required travel 15 -20 weeks per year
If this position is right for you, please submit resume and copy of DD Form 214 to Ray Zucker at: email@example.com
Biologist/Habitat Steward, Portland OR
Wildlands is seeking a Biologist/Habitat Steward interested in working in the habitat restoration and mitigation banking fields. This individual will be based in Portland, Oregon with main duty station being the natural area on Sauvie Island (approximately 9 miles north of downtown Portland). Responsibilities include conducting biological monitoring, managing non-native vegetation, establishment of native vegetation, technical writing, and assisting Conversation Planners with regulatory duties.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Environmental Science, Agricultural or a related field.
• General knowledge of Pacific Northwest flora and fauna.
• Experience with technical writing.
• Basic mechanical skills.
• Physically able to walk in excess of 10 miles/day
• At least 18 years old with a valid Oregon driver’s license and a clean and insurable DMV record.
• Previous experience in habitat restoration, agricultural, or a related field.
• Current Oregon or Washington pesticide applicators license.
• Experience in the operation and maintenance of equipment such as 4wd vehicles, trailers, ATVs, power tools, small tractors, and construction equipment
Submit resume, a cover letter describing your experience and qualifications, and a list of three professional references with contact information to Julie Mentzer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Licensed Well Driller/Operator, Rocklin CA
Wildlands is looking to expand into well drilling operations with the addition of a licensed C-57 well driller. Candidates must possess:
• Domestic and agricultural well drilling experience
• Rotary and cable rig drilling experience
• Ability to work in a team setting
• Aptitude to manage day-to-day operations of new well drilling division
• Capacity to train and mentor apprentice drillers
• Ability to travel throughout Northern California
• A clean DMV record and ability to obtain CDL w/in 90-days employment
Benefits include steady work, a diverse workforce, paid vacation, healthcare, dental, vision and 401K. Starting salary to commensurate with experience. If interested in growing with a dynamic company on the forefront of its industry, please contact Ray Zucker at 916-625-3838 or email: email@example.com.