The Bank preserves special wetland resources and federally listed species habitat in the Agate Desert, as it occurs within designated critical habitat for vernal pool fairy shrimp. The Bank property supports a large, intact expanse of vernal pools and swales with known occurrences of the federally threatened vernal pool fairy shrimp (Branchinecta lynchi) and the federally endangered large-flowered woolly meadowfoam (Limnanthes floccosa ssp. grandiflora). The Bank offers mitigation credits for permitted impacts to vernal pools, wetlands, vernal pool fairy shrimp, and large-flowered woolly meadowfoam.
A conservation easement has been recorded over the Bank to permanently protect the habitat and conservation values of the Bank in perpetuity. The Bank now undergoes annual maintenance and monitoring to ensure its long-term success.
Special-Status Species Occurring On-site
- Vernal Pool Fairy Shrimp (Branchinecta lynchi)
- Large-flowered Woolly Meadowfoam (Limnanthes floccosa ssp. grandiflora)
- Austin’s Popcorn Flower (Plagiobothrys austinae)
- Greene’s Popcorn Flower (P. greenei)
- White-flowered Navarretia (Navarretia leucocephala ssp. leucocephala)
Location: Jackson County, Oregon
- Vernal Pool Preservation
- Wetland/Waters of the U.S.
Combo mitigation credits available for impacts to state and federal jurisdictional wetlands and federally listed species. ESA conservation credits available for impacts to federally listed species.
Represents the Klamath Mountains Vernal Pool Recovery Region, which includes portions of Jackson, Douglas, Josephine, and Klamath Counties. This Service Area mostly conforms to the Upper Rogue (17100307) and Middle Rogue (17100308) HUCs.
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
- Oregon Department of State Lands
For additional information on the Rogue Valley Mitigation/Conservation Bank, please contact Julie Maddox at (916) 435-3555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.