Wildlands gained approval of the Bank by U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) on October 3, 2007 to offer vernal pool preservation, California tiger salamander and San Joaquin kit fox conservation credits.
Species Habitats Present On-site
- Vernal Pool Fairy Shrimp (Branchinecta lynchi)
- California Tiger Salamander (Abystoma californiense)
- San Joaquin Kit Fox (Vulpes macrotis mutica)
- Western Spadefoot Toad (Spea hammondii)
- Western Burrowing Owl (Athene cunicularia)
Location: Tulare County, California
- Vernal Pool Preservation
- San Joaquin Kit Fox
- California Tiger Salamander
- Vernal pool preservation credits are SOLD OUT.
- The CTS upland service area is based on the Southern San Joaquin California Tiger Salamander subpopulation as defined by Shaffer et al. (2004).
- The kit fox service area encompasses a portion of the SJKF historic distribution on the eastern side of the San Joaquin Valley and portions of the known occupied habitat lands of the central and western areas of the San Joaquin Valley.
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
- California Department of Fish & Wildlife (in process)
For additional information on the Sand Creek Conservation Bank, please contact Julie Maddox at (916) 435-3555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.